Blog Keywords

Popular Posts for the Month

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Zuiko and Kids in Pool

Shooting in strong sunlight is a bit tough without a flash. Backlighting is a killer.

It was morning around 10am, and the kids were playing in the kiddy pool. Sunlight was about 45 degrees up, and posed difficult for me to get the shots right.

Enter the FP Flash using the FL-50R.

Using E-3 with the Zuiko Digital ED14-35mm F2.0 SWD, I had no fear shooting up close with the splashes! Both were weather-sealed.

The main picture was captured at 31mm with the aperture at F2.0 for shallow depth-of-field. My daughter was sharp, my son was blur. Shutter speed was 1/1250s with ISO100 and +0.3EV compensation. Fill-flash by the FL-50R ensured the my children were not shadowed by the backlight. With FP turned on, I was able to shoot wide open.

Auto White Balance was accurate, color was Natural with all settings at default. Straight out of camera JPEG, the E-3 is the best in the league!

My post-process was done in Olympus Studio v2.22, with only USM at 120%, 1.2, 0 and resized to 2736 x 2052 pixels.


The rest of the images. For a complete slideshow, click HERE.

No comments: