Blog Keywords

Popular Posts for the Month

Thursday, January 15, 2009

E-30 and Soft Interiors

This was a shot of my Company's Office Lobby. The reception desk was just over to the right, and was not part of the image.

This image was shot with Live View, and I used the Level Gauge to ensure the Horizontals and Verticals were accurate. With the 14mm field-of-view, getting right-angle perspective was the challenge.

This was a cinch with the E-30!!!


Zuiko Digital 14-54mm f2.8-3.5 II; 14mm, f2.8, 1/60s, ISO640
Notice how the soft focus effect rendered the dark tones lighter. It's done subtly with glowing effect. Somehow, this reminded me of mild Orton Effect.


Comparatively, this image I set to Vivid color mode, with Contrast +2, Sharpness +1 and Saturation +1. In particular, I tried to get the high impact look of the interiors, and popping up the colors of blue lights and red gold fish in the aquarium.

Click on the image to see 50% crop 2016 x 1512.

No comments: