Blog Keywords

Popular Posts for the Month

Saturday, January 10, 2009

E-30 and ART Filters: POP ART


One of my first images I made with the E-30 was during my LRT ride from KL Sentral to KLCC. With the 14-54mk2 attached, and flipped the free-angle LCD with Live View, I was able to capture some nice shots at waist level without much annoyance to the crowd. And contrast-detect AF, similar to P&S cameras, was super responsive.

While stopping at Masjid Jamek station, I noticed the colorful banners and signages adorning its hallway, and I realized this was a great opportunity to make the colors jump out. By pressing the OK button, the ART Menu appeared in the LCD screen. A quick scroll using the D-pad enabled me to lock into ART1 Pop Art. A quick reminder, whenever in the ART mode, the camera will be on the P-mode AE. No worries, you can program to Ps with one of the dials, and it will work like A or S mode.

Snap! (rather a "ka-chik" mirror and shutter slaps)... and presto!



In comparison, the original image based on the Vivid mode setting.



Now, let me do some sanity check. From what I read at the Olympus website, this was the explanation: "This effect enhances colours, making them stronger and more vivid, creating high-impact pictures with a pop art feeling."

I could not agree more!

Please click on image for larger view.

Comparison between Pop Art and normal output.

No comments: