Blog Keywords

Popular Posts for the Month

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Zuiko and Stanley Microscrewdrivers


A surreal glow and softening effect.

50mm, f/4, 1/40s, ISO400, +0.3EV

I was going to fix my Serengeti Vedi sunglasses with the Stanley Microscrewdrivers that I thought of a simple macro shot.

The single light source from the window provided the lighting I needed for some subtle and sublime touchup using Orton Effect.

In monotonal subtleties.

E-3 with Zuiko Digital ED50mm F2.0 Macro
50mm, f/4, 1/15s, ISO400, +0.3EV

The beauty of an In-body Image Stabilization system means that I had great control over low shutter speed for any lens, especially doing macros.

The 1/15s shutter speed with a 50mm means I was shooting at 2.7 stops of stabilization. Plus the magnification factor of close to 1:2, actually the stabilization was much more pronounced. It was greatly controlled!

This last picture did not have Orton Effect applied, just a simple Contrast Mask at 40% to tame the strong contrast.

E-3 with Zuiko Digital ED50mm F2.0 Macro
50mm, f/4, 1/25s, ISO400, -2.3EV

Since the table was very dark, closer to -3EV, I had to override the meter accordingly to -2.3EV.

With three shots, the full detail of the microscrewdrivers were beautifully presented.

No comments: