Blog Keywords

Popular Posts for the Month

Friday, June 5, 2009

Zuiko and In-camera Editing

Sometimes, in-camera editing is handy for those quick touch ups. E-system users are blessed with very powerful in-camera editing tool, such that simple but essential capabilities can be accessed with a quick touch of the editing buttons.

With my E-30, editing images can be done for both RAW and JPEG formats. The plethora of control also enable multitudes of possibilities. Take for example, the E-30 has an added control for multiple layers. I have not done this, but knowing I can do this function in-camera is just great!

For this example, I added Auto Gradation and upped the maximum Saturation twice. I chose to process the JPEG instead of converting from RAW. Typically because I did not see much advantage of the RAW for this image.

E-30 with Zuiko Digital ED14-35mm F2.0 SWD
14mm, f/5.0, 1/100s, ISO200, -0.3EV

JPEG Large SuperFine, Auto Gradation, maximum Saturation 2x

No comments: