Blog Keywords

Popular Posts for the Month

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

M.Zuiko and Interior Landscape

A wide angle shot using the M.Zuiko ED14-42mm F3.5-5.6, of the interior of the KL Sentral Main Hall. The scene captures both the highlight of the sunroof and shadows of the booths. The aperture needed to be at maximum to gather more light, but in return a drop in sharpness and overall quality.

14mm, f/3.5, 1/60s, ISO640


The 100% crop suggests there is minimal barrel distortion.

"I am not angry at him, I just ignore him. I want to hear his pleading."

The second 100% crop shows some chromatic abberation at the wooden lattice adorning the sunroof.


Overall, this lens again provides very good performance at quite a challenging environment. Whether the enhancements are purely optical or software, I cannot verify now. Once I manage to open the RAW file, only the question will be answered.



No comments: