Blog Keywords

Popular Posts for the Month

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

iZuiko and a Lion Dance

.

Dancing on stilts
14.1mm (33mm equiv.), f/3.2, 1/160s, iso100, -0.3ev

Well, we are still in the Chinese New Year period, and all around Klang Valley we can see the Lion Dance troupes zipping through traffic with their open-top lorries and the dancers sitting inside with the lion attires and drums. Lion dance galore.

Warming up for the main event!

When I went to have lunch today, little I had expected a performance near the cafe that I always patron. Luckily, the XZ-1 was with me! Great!!! Got my order in, and waited for the show to begin.

Jump!

What got me interested was this time around, the Lion Dance did a few jumps on elevated stilts. It's not often you see them do this for such a small crowd. Well, it was about time I tested the speed of the XZ-1 to capture action shots. Somehow, oddly enough, I opted for single-frame shooting. But, it worked!

Crane stance!

What a good show!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

something is seriously wrong with the red color ???
Over doing it in PP ??

Razi said...

the shots were using a special Art Filter in the camera. This is called Dramatic Tone, where all the colors and tones are rendered to the extreme, to project more impact.

Pia said...

Good shots from a good show!
I also like your "little planet" photo, it´s great!

Razi said...

Thank you very much. Glad you liked it.

=)