Blog Keywords

Popular Posts for the Month

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Zuiko and A Glowing Ball

E-3 with Zuiko Digital 14-54mm f2.8-3.5
32mm, F/4, 1/40s, ISO400


A little creativity goes a long way...

This was actually a simple shot. My left hand held the ball with the tungsten lamp irradiating it, and my right hand took the shot. Without the backlighting from the lamp, the ball will be just too simple and lacking impact.

The E-3's ESP metering was spot on, too. I took little trouble in deciding the exposure and composition. The real trick was to do the shot with both hands doing literally different things!!!

The result? It was as if I was a clairvoyant looking into the glowing orb manifesting the future... hish!!

It is always my goal to shoot simple daily objects to look interesting and impacting. In this case, it was quite a neat job.


No comments: