Blog Keywords

Popular Posts for the Month

Thursday, February 24, 2011

i.Zuiko and Photography Class

.
A kitten was lying on the pebbles, and I just took the shot with the fast XZ-1 lens


I recently conducted a short beginners class for 5 students. It's simple and direct approach to photography, with emphasis on key skills to create beautiful images.

My class is a half day morning event targeted for 4-6 students at RM50/pax. Location is outdoors, most probably at Shah Alam lake gardens. If interested for any class, as I can cater as much topics as possible, please contact me at 012-2040883.


A beautiful banana flowerette with smooth bokeh rendition
24mm, f/8, 1/160s, iso200, +0.3ev


This was a DSLR course, but as the teacher, I opted to use my Olympus XZ-1 as the tool of instruction. Though it's not a DSLR, it has all the key features for a basic beginner's DSLR with kit lens. Even the lens depth-of-field effect is achievable with the XZ-1. That's good enough for the class. Also, for me to lug around a full size E-5 with the Zuiko Digital ED14-35mm F2.0 lens will be tiring as I have to chase around the field with my students scattered like little lambs.

The monotones are just nice to accentuate the telephoto landscape effect

Just focus on a few rules to create great images:
  • Look for the tones (check in black & white)
  • Capture sharp images (in correct focus)
  • Set the subject off-center with the Rule of Thirds
  • Try to grab the story and emotion

Till next time...

No comments: