Blog Keywords

Popular Posts for the Month

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Panasonic DMC-GF1 MicroFourthirds Camera

I managed to test out the GF1 with the 14-45mm f3.5-5.6 G lens a couple of hours ago.


The delicious Panasonic DMC-GF1 served on a plate!

Comparing it with E-P1, it doesn't have the X-Factor, but at least it has a dinky flash that might work out well for me whenever it is required. Comparing it with my Canon S90, it makes the GF1 look like a behemoth!

Other than that, the GF1 just oozed goodness! The lens was sharp, but I find the interface was not as friendly as the E-P1. Maybe for Panny users, it's OK, though.

There's one that really got me annoyed on the ergonomics, though! I simply cannot find the Exposure Compensation (+/-) button anywhere. Maybe the Fn button is programmable for it, but the lack of a dedicated button for such an important photographic control is unacceptable!!!

Since I only tested it out for a couple of hours, I can only take some sample shots. Let the image do the talking.

Click image to activate gallery.



No comments: