Blog Keywords

Popular Posts for the Month

Monday, February 22, 2010

Zuiko and Birthday Wishes

.
Wow... I didn't touch my DSLR for quite a while. Having the S90 in the back pocket did not help the situation at all. But, for this occassion, I had to shoot the DSLR. I knew the S90 won't cut it! My son's birthday was 12 days ago, and I confessed that setting up the DSLR gears took quite a while for me to do!


E-30 with Zuiko Digital ED14-35mm F2.0 SWD
31mm, f/2.8, 1/160s, ISO800, -0.3ev

Making a child happy is the greatest thing any person could do. It's the most wonderful feeling. The moment, the innocence, the cheeriness - everything is shown through their eyes. Seeing and feeling it with him is wonderful, and to capture the right moment is magical.

Birthdays are easily one of the things that make a child happy. Having his friends around him celebrating in joy, the presents, and the fun of it all. To see them mesmerized with the event and immersed with the love is just bliss!

And, make sure the flash batteries are all charged up, coz I forgot mine! Maybe due to the monthlong isolation from serious photography has made me a forgetful photographer. And, somehow without motor drive mode, I managed to get the shot! Talk about luck!

2 comments:

wjl (Wolfgang Lonien) said...

At our Zuleikha's birthday I ran out of camera batteries; I had only 1 pack for the E-520 at that time. This won't ever happen again, and I was lucky to still get some nice ones of her and her friends...

cheers,
Wolfgang

Razi said...

Yes. in this digital age, batteries are very important.
unless shooting with OM-1 or other old mechanicals, definitely need a backup or two.