Blog Keywords

Popular Posts for the Month

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Zuiko and the Surfer Child of Bali


The surf, the sand..... and a child.

E-3 with Zuiko Digital ED50-200mm f2.8-3.5 SWD
200mm, f/11, 1/30s, ISO100

When I was on a trip to Bali early last year, I brought along the E-3, Zuiko Digital 11-22mm f2.8-3.5 and Zuiko Digital ED50-200mm f2.8-3.5 SWD in a small shoulder bag. It's just perfect, not too heavy for a couple of hours walking.

During one of the tour, we stopped at a seafood place at Jimbaran beach. While waiting for the sunset, I saw this image of the little girl sitting with a surfboard. I observed her actions for quite a while, before deciding to make the image. The light from the setting sun provided the rim light that I really liked, and without a moments notice I took the shot. Incidentally, that was the only shot!!


No comments: