Blog Keywords

Popular Posts for the Month

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Zuiko and the Six Sigma Team

I was approached to do a team shoot late last year. The client wanted a serious but cool corporate image. Since they were part of the Six Sigma Audit team, I understood the image they were looking for.

As for location, the company's training center lounge provided the perfect backdrop.

Prior to the shoot, I advised the team lead to get everybody up to character. This somehow helped a lot, as the when I arrived on location, they were all zoned in! All I needed was a setup of E-3, Zuiko Digital ED14-35mm f2.0 SWD and FL-50R. The situation was a bit of a mixed lighting, though. I had to think a bit about how to balance the shot.


E-3 with Zuiko Digital ED14-35mm F2.0 SWD & FL-50R
20mm, f/2.5, 1/50s, ISO200, +0.7ev

I was looking at a 3-light-source setup. The flash provided the fill, along with the sunlight from the window with the ceiling downlights strongly eminating the indoor space.

It took me five minutes to asses the situation and decide what to do.

One way to balance the lights was to shoot bright. I had two options; pump up the flash or utilize the sunlight. Apparently, I chose to get the group to pose about 5 feet from the window sill. That solved the lighting situation. Yet, I still needed the flash to bump up the shadows a bit, as I did not want a flat-looking image. Yes, the catchlight in the eyes added more pop to the shot, too.


It was quite an easy job as everybody understood their role in the shoot. I took 3 shots, and the session ended within 10 minutes.

Great job, everybody!

No comments: