Blog Keywords

Popular Posts for the Month

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Zuiko and "People, People, More People" Challenge

Wow!



This is the highest placing I have ever reached in the dpreview.com challenge; 6th spot!!!



Olympus E-30 with Zuiko Digital ED7-14mm F4.0
7mm, f/4.0, 1/80s, ISO640
I have been entering some images prior to this submission, and most of them were abysmal. The reason I noticed was due to the fact that I just submitted images from my Flickr database, and the composition and story of the image did not really tie strongly with the theme of the challenges.

Well, not this one. This really nailed the spot!!


The task was to "Take a shot with as many people as possible on a single frame. Try to avoid random stadium/concert shot." If you browsed through my previous blog, you can see this image as part of the coverage of the Banana Republic fashion show.


Aptly titled "Crowding to the Banana Show", the vantage point was the striking aspect. With the use of Live View with articulating LCD, and the ultra-wide Zuiko Digital 7-14mm f4.0 lens, I was able to capture the immense breadth of of people watching the show!

Definitely a great view!

No comments: