Blog Keywords

Popular Posts for the Month

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Zuiko and the Tricycle Incident

Amazingly, I post-processed this using the Olympus Studio v2.22, which I do not use very often. I prefer to use The GIMP software.

E-3 with Zuiko Digital ED35-100mm F2.0
64mm, f/2.0, 1/250s, ISO100, -2EV

A simple touch-up starting with a simple crop out the unnecessary top and bottom part from 4:3 aspect ratio to 16:9. The near-cinemascope aspect added more drama.

The negative space on the right accentuated the energy of the composition.

One of the best way to express human emotion in an image is by using monotones. The graduating tones, especially with more contrast, will add tension to the image. I added about 30 points worth of contrast into this image.

I used the Green Filter to darken the skintones, and selected the Green Tint to give a quite dated look, sort of silvery corrosion to the image. 

That's all to it.

No comments: