Blog Keywords

Popular Posts for the Month

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Zuiko and Rose Petals

A simple still-life shot.

E-3 with Zuiko Digital ED35-100mm F2.0
52mm, f/8.0, 1/500s, ISO100

Below is the setup used to get the shot. A very direct two-light approach; one from the top, one from the side.

FP TTL with Remote Controller flash at -3EV
FL-50R Ch1A +3EV (override at flash), FL-36R Ch1B +3EV (override at flash)

I shot this in Manual mode to override the background exposure to near black. Because of the shutter speed increased to more than 1/250s (max. X-sync for E-3), I opted for FP TTL setting.

In post-processing, I did a Contrast Mask action using The GIMP with Overlay at 70%. This increased the contrast, rendering the scene to be more punchy.

In the original JPEG shot, I used Vivid colors on the E-3. Thus, I expected the image to be more lively. And it did!

No comments: